Our Explorator wheels are made for everyday use, its modern and ideally shaped alloy rims combined with our heavy-duty spokes and straight-pull hubs make these wheelsets the real workhorses of our line of wheels, and at this price-point, this is what people mean when they say “value for money”. These 30mm versions are ideal for daily training or off-road gravel riding. They will even serve you well in a race. The way they are designed and built makes them incredibly stiff and robust and makes you think, am I riding alloy wheels?
The solid straight pull hubs are supported by very good quality industrial bearings and a 4-pawl ratchet system. And can be upgraded with either EZO Japanese bearings or even ceramic bearings. Freehub bodies for either Sram XDR or Campagnolo are also available, as well as retrofit axles for either QR or X15 bicycle frames.
The 30mm rim profile comes with 19mm inner width and offers great stability for tires up to 36c
The wheels are built with heavy-duty aero Talon spokes creating a package at an amazing performance and price, disc brake only.
Available in 'Albi' and 'Obscurus' colour ways.
- Intended use: performance road, performance gravel
- Diameter of the wheel: 28"/700C
- Rim material: Alloy
- 24 spokes front
- 24 spokes rear
- Nipples: alloy black
- Bearings: industrial bearings (2 x front and 4x rear) upgradable to EZO Japanese or ceramic bearings
- Tubeless Ready Clincher
- Profile height: 30mm
- Inner rim width: 19mm, Outer rim width: 24mm
- X12 axle fitting for front and rear wheel (axles not included)
- Front-wheel axle width 12x100mm fit
- Rear-wheel axle width 12x142mm fit
- Disc brake only AFS/Center lock mounting
- Shimano cassette body installed
- Campagnolo/SRAM replacement bodies available, please contact us for more information.
- 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12-speed compatible
- For use with tires from 23 - 36C (26C-30C recommended)
- Maximum rider weight: 130kg
In the box:
- Rear hub body spacers for 8, 9, 10-speed
- Spare spokes 8pc (286/287/288mm)
- Spare nipples 8pc
- Rim tape is fitted to the wheels
- Lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects
- Front-wheel: 800 Grams
- Rear-wheel: 940 Grams
- Set: 1740 Grams
- Ere handles a 2% tolerance in weights due to the fact that our parts are 100% handmade and the wheels are also 100% build by hand by one person.
We recommend using Ere Tubeless tires with Milkit latex for tubeless set-ups.
For clincher tires we recommend using our Tubus inner tubes.
Please be reminded to use valves with a minimum length of 60mm. Valve extenders are available from Ere.