The Genus wheels are made for full-on racing and performance excellence. When there is a need for reliability, endurance, and straightforward performance, this wheelset will deliver. The wheelset comes in 3 rim height varieties: this 46mm version is ideal for changing conditions where long distance endurance demands between open windy areas and high speed winding roads make or break the day when riding the right wheels, excellent wheels for classic racing where you’re in need of a bit of everything in order to stay with the pack.
The solid straight pull hubs are supported by very high-quality precision Japanese EZO industrial bearings and a 4-pawl ratchet system, and can be upgraded with ceramic bearings, freehub bodies for either Sram XDR or Campagnolo are also available, as well as retrofit axles for either QR or X15 bicycle frames.
The 46mm rim profile comes with 19mm inner width and offers great stability for tires up to 36c
The wheels are built with lightweight ultra-stiff Talon aero spokes creating an aero-optimized package at an amazing performance and price, disc brake only.
Available in 'Albi' and 'Obscurus' color ways.
- Intended use: performance road, performance gravel
- Diameter of the wheel: 28"/700C
- Rim material: Carbon
- 24 spokes front
- 24 spokes rear
- Nipples: alloy black
- Bearings: Japanese EZO industrial bearings (2 x front and 4x rear) upgradable to ceramic bearings
- Tubeless Ready Clincher
- Profile height: 46mm
- Inner rim width: 19mm
- Outer rim width: 28mm
- X12 axle fitting for front and rear wheel (axles not included)
- Front wheel axle width 12x100mm fit
- Rear wheel axle width 12x142mm fit
- Disc brake only AFS/Center lock mounting
- Shimano cassette body installed
- Campagnolo/SRAM replacement bodies available, please contact us for more information.
- 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12-speed compatible
- For use with tires from 23 - 36C (26C-30C recommended)
- Maximum rider weight: 130kg
In the box:
- Front wheel
- Rear wheel
- Double wheelbag with extra padding
- Rear hub body spacers for 8, 9, 10-speed
- Spare spokes 8pc (274/277mm)
- Spare nipples 8pc
- Rim tape is fitted to the wheels
- Lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects
- Front wheel: 760 Grams
- Rear wheel: 850 Grams
- Set: 1610 Grams
- Ere handles a 2% tolerance in weights due the fact that our parts are 100% handmade and the wheels are also 100% build by hand by one person.
We recommend using Ere Tubeless tires with Milkit latex for tubeless set-ups.
For clincher tires we recommend using our Tubus inner tubes.
Please be reminded to use valves with a minimum length of 60mm. Valve extenders are available from Ere.